While flowing text around images is certainly nothing new, with CSS you can float any element, from images to paragraphs to lists. In this practical guide, This app reveals some interesting and surprising ways to use CSS floats in your web design, including the latest capability to flow content past non-rectangular float shapes.
Short and sweet, this application is an excerpt from the upcoming fourth edition of CSS: The Definitive Guide. When you purchase either the print or the application edition of CSS Floating, you’ll receive a discount on the entire Definitive Guide once it’s released. Why wait? Learn how to bring life to your web pages now.
- Learn the characteristics of floated elements, and CSS rules for using them.
- Be aware of certain rule exceptions when applying floats to your design, including the use of negative margins.
- Use the clear property to prevent floats from affecting elements in the next section of the document.
- Create floating boxes in non-rectangular shapes, including rounded corners, circles, ellipses, and even polygons.
- Define float shapes with transparent or opaque images.
Learn CSS Floating is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-18. The program can be installed on Android.
Learn CSS Floating (version 1.0) has a file size of 11.53 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 3 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.